Sunday 12 January 2014

Revoutionary War continues this week as Gillen and Smith take on Dark Angel

Well, I hope you all picked up Revolutionary War: Alpha on Wednesday.

I did. And it was pretty bloody marvelous. Pun, plausibly, intended.

I've had a few people asking me to post up my thoughts on the issue, and some kind of summary. I am actually going to do this. But you'll have to wait until Tuesday night, as I am very much of the opinion that a) I do not want to spoil the issue for people, and b) There are some out there who might thing to themselves "Nah. I'll pass on this first issue, and just wait for that Darkmoor bloke to summarise it..."

So, I'm going to wait until Tuesday night as, at least for UK readers, this will be the last point you can go out and buy it in print before the second chapter drops.

Then the summary will just serve as a catch up, and some thoughts fresh in your mind, as you pick up the next issue.

Sound fair?

I hope so. And seriously, go to your local comic book store or purchase it now on ComiXology. This was a great issue, and you really won't be disappointed.

So, you've read Revolutionary War: Alpha. What next? Well, Wednesday brings us the turn of Kieron Gillen and Dietrich Smith as they take on the mystical cyber-punk world of Shevaun Haldane; Dark Angel.




REVOLUTIONARY WAR: DARK ANGEL #1
KIERON GILLEN (W) • DIETRICH SMITH (A)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
Part 2 of “Revolutionary War”
• When Shevaun Haldane experiences a troubling vision in Darkmoor Castle, she realizes danger may be coming for the heroes of Marvel UK.
• With time running out, Shevaun has no choice but to suit up as Dark Angel once again.
• An adventure that will take fans through the past, present, and future of Marvel UK!
32 PGS./ ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$3.99



And the lovely people over at Comic Book Resources have a three page preview up for the curious.

I will post one page of it below, which should give you an idea of Smith's art style. Which I really like, and also think is pretty good match to the character.


 If you're really spoiler conscious, look away...







I really want to know where this is all going.

I'm sure you will too.

Revolutionary War: Dark Angel is out Wednesday (15th January 2014). The cover you should be looking for is shown above, or the Salvador Larroca Variant, which looks like this...






I am really looking forward to this one. The pairing of Dark Angel with Kieron Gillen seems like a complete no brainer. If there was one guy in modern comics who suits the concepts and sensibilities of the character it would be him.

I've got a good feeling about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment