Saturday 19 January 2008

A update and an apology.

So it's now the 19th of January, and I'm sitting semi-conscious at home, a cup of tea in one hand and an unnerving feeling that there's something else I aught to be doing on a Saturday afternoon, and I start to wonder quite where the last month of my life has gone?

It was my intention that the Digitek blog I put up was to be the first of several over the Christmas period. In fact on Boxing Day I actually started scanning in some panels to use for ho the Hell is? spots for Mortigan Goth, Dark Angel and Tangerine. But that's pretty much as far as I actually got. Maybe as a side effect of getting frankly more drunk than I had been in almost a year over Christmas Eve and Boxing Day evening, I then collected a lovely, stinking, head cold followed after New Years' by what I believe is called 'Norovirus'. This was a big deal here in the UK, with hospitals even going as far as to quarantine people who caught it (Whilst they were in hospital, mind) to stop its rather potent ability to spread (I'm not going to go into details. It's a stomach bug, and I'm sure you can figure out the rest...).

That even resulted in some time off work, but somehow I didn't feel quite coherent enough to put together a post or two. I then sat myself down in front of the entire Season 3 of Lost, and as a result felt even less coherent (Seriously, flashforwards now? I fear my head may explode!).

And so most of the first month of 2008 has been a bit fuzzy edged, so far. I intend to amend that, and hopefully make up for some lost time. 2008 has a lot of interesting stuff to offer. New runs of ClanDestine and Excalibur, for one, and they tell me that Micromax has turned up in a story in Marvel Comic Presents. Then there's other events to factor in. Will the British version of the Superhero Registration Act, alluded to way back in Civil War: Battle Damage Report, come into play this year? What effect will Secret Invasion have for The Skrull Beatles?

And yes, I'm sure I'll get around to a rant about what Chris Claremont has done to Captain Britain in X-Men: Die by the Sword - if for no other reason that people keep asking about it...

I hope that 2008 brings you all that you hope for, and I hope you'll stick around here every once in a while. After Dermot Power's response to the Digitek blog there's no reason that any of you should fear to post. ;)

Speak soon.

Sword

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah! Welcome back. I look forward to more stuff on this ill-used sector of Marvel..

    ReplyDelete